Autism Spectrum Conditions
NEWS UPDATE 04/06/2018:
The Autism Show Manchester, 29-30 June 2018 organised by the National Autistic Society. Advance tickets £15, pay on the door £19.
For further information and to book click here
4 Autism Workshops in One Day
Reachout ASC bring you a range of autism workshops of Friday 6 July 2018 at Farington Lodge in Leyland, covering: Sensory Diets, Pathological Demand Avoidance, Autism and Girls, and a Q&A Session
Lynn McCann of Reach Out ASC is an Autism Specialist Teacher and Consultant based in Lancashire. She offers a range of Autism advice and training to schools and organisations.
We recommend that you sign up to receive their newsletter, which contains advice and information regarding forthcoming training events.
Lynn McCann has written a couple of book which have just been released.
How to Support Pupils with Autism Spectrum Condition in Primary School (ISBN-13: 978-1855035997)
How to Support Pupils with Autism Spectrum Condition in Secondary School (ISBN-13: 978-1855036031)
The National Autistic Society offers a full range of information and support on their website.
Here is a copy of recent newsletter 'MyWorld' which is worth subscribing too.
The Autism Education Trust is supported by the DfE, and is the go to website for guidance regarding Autism and the Schools National Autism Standards.
Here is a copy of the AET Schools National Autism Standards for you to download. Along with a guidance document detailing how to use the AET programme materials in school A guide to the use of the AET programme materials by lol authorities, support services and schools
- A large range of resources to support language and reading development. They provide ready made materials to support autism and of tools to create printed symbol resources.
- Here's an example: Communicate in Print
- Black Sheep Press produce illustrated interventions and assessments that are effective and fun.
- Here's an example of their Mr Goodguess resource, which is a set of worksheets to help children in the development of crucial inferencing skills. Have a look at the product sample.
- Autism Eye is a vital source of in-depth autism information and advice for parents and professional
- Here is a link to their latest magazine Issue 28 Winter 2017/18 which is available as a FREE digital download
- This is definitely another very useful resource to add to your browser favourites/bookmarks and you can subscribe to receive their monthly newsletter from their home page too.