Autism Spectrum Conditions
UPDATES: Sept 2018:
The Autumn edition of their newsletter is available now. Via this link you can read the full digital version for free or get a 20% discount to their printed subscription service.
Lynn McCann of Reach Out ASC is an Autism Specialist Teacher and Consultant based in Lancashire. She offers a range of Autism advice and training to schools and organisations.
We recommend that you sign up to receive their newsletter, which contains advice and information regarding forthcoming training events.
Lynn McCann has written a couple of book which have just been released.
How to Support Pupils with Autism Spectrum Condition in Primary School (ISBN-13: 978-1855035997)
How to Support Pupils with Autism Spectrum Condition in Secondary School (ISBN-13: 978-1855036031)
The National Autistic Society offers a full range of information and support on their website.
Here is a copy of recent newsletter 'MyWorld' which is worth subscribing too.
The Autism Education Trust is supported by the DfE, and is the go to website for guidance regarding Autism and the Schools National Autism Standards.
Here is a copy of the AET Schools National Autism Standards for you to download. Along with a guidance document detailing how to use the AET programme materials in school A guide to the use of the AET programme materials by lol authorities, support services and schools
- A large range of resources to support language and reading development. They provide ready made materials to support autism and of tools to create printed symbol resources.
- Here's an example: Communicate in Print
- Black Sheep Press produce illustrated interventions and assessments that are effective and fun.
- Here's an example of their Mr Goodguess resource, which is a set of worksheets to help children in the development of crucial inferencing skills. Have a look at the product sample.
- Autism Eye is a vital source of in-depth autism information and advice for parents and professional
- This is definitely another very useful resource to add to your browser favourites/bookmarks and you can subscribe to receive their monthly newsletter from their home page too.